Well, I’ve done something fabulous with them and it was cheap, easy, and fast!
I stencilled a pattern onto the shades to dress ’em up:
To stencil your own lamp shades, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Plain lamp shades (mine were from Target)
- Acrylic craft paint
- Scotch tape (to hold stencil in place while you paint)
- Sponge/paint brushes
- Container (to hold the paint)
- Bud Light (optional, but I highly recommend one on a hot July day!)
Once I finished the shades, I was inspired to dress up the nightstands in my guest room. Here’s how it all came together:
- Start your stencilling at the back of the shade while you are still getting used to the amount of paint and technique you need to use – if you mess up, it won’t be front and center (I had to learn that the hard way as I started right in the front).
- Pick up a small amount of paint on your brush and dip it back in the paint frequently. Then, use a stippling motion to paint the shade rather than a brushing/stroking motion.
The stencil I bought came with a few other rad designs so I am on the hunt for my next stencilling project!
Thanks for reading!